They add the perfect spooky touch on Halloween. Here’s what you need:
A piece of sod or fake grass on top of either a piece of cardboard or you can just put it on top of a cookie sheet.
Sugar Cookie Mix- I love Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix!
Black Food Coloring
Frosting Bag with a thing metal tip for piping. You can use a zip lock bag if you don’t have a frosting bag, just cut off a small part of the corner and put your tip in before filling the bag up with icing.
White Icing, here is a great recipe or you can use the store bought kind. This recipe is enough for 12 cookies.
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 pound (3 2/3 cups) confectioners’ sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter until smooth.
- Gradually add confectioners’ sugar; beat until smooth. If too thick to spread, beat in 1 to 2 tablespoons milk.After making your dough roll it out and using either a cookie cutter in the shape of a tombstone or by hand with a knife, cut out your tombstones. Bake. Frost lightly with white letting the frosting dry all the way. Next mix in the food coloring with more icing. Using your frosting bag make your designs. When you’re done place in the grass and serve.