Who says you need to spend a lot this Valentines Day to keep things fun and sexy? Here is a fun Do It Yourself V-Day idea to make your significant other feel special! We are going to make bath bombs with personalized notes in it… so when they unwrap it and it dissolves in the tub they will have a naughty or nice reminder of why they are your Valentine!
Here’s what you will need:
For the bath bomb:
Small spray bottle
Ball mold or a heart mold
Any scented oil
For the cute box:
$1 box from any craft store, I found this at Michaels, it came in white.
Paint. I used gold spray paint and a dark red acrylic paint.
Any pretty ribbon of your choice.
A 1/4 yard of any pretty fabric of your choice.
1. Print our your secret message on the waterproof paper or write on the paper with a sharpie. Cut the message and roll it up. I used heart shaped waterproof paper. Paint and dress up your box and let dry for an hour. Place your fabric inside.
2. In a large bowl, combine 1 cup baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon essential oil.
3. In a coffee grinder, grind 1/2 cup citric acid, 1/4 cup bath salt and 2 drops food coloring. (I used pink) Grind to a fine powder and add to the mixture in a large bowl. Begin whisking together thoroughly.
4. Add a couple sprays of water, it should reach a crumbly consistency.
5. Fill each half of your mold.
6. Add message to one half of the ball.
7. Using your hands to pack mixture together. Press mold halves together, let sit several minutes and unmold.
8. Place them in a kitchen towel, wrap and let sit for 24 hours. Place them in your pretty box, and wrap with a ribbon. Enjoy!