I recently got back from Australia where Nikki and I had one of the most amazing days ever at Sydney’s Featherdale Animal Reserve. We ditched the main zoo and drove about 30 minutes outside the city to meet the most beautiful animals down under. We got to hold a baby kangaroo and play with baby Koalas! I have been wanting to meet a Koala my entire life so this was really a dream come true. I couldn’t get over these Koala’s all they do all day is eat eucylyptus and get sleepy, relaxed and pass out. It was quite a site to see! This wasn’t surprising considering euclyptus is extremely calming but no joke, they sleep for about 16 hours a day and the Australian Aborigines use eucalyptus leaf infusions (which contain eucalyptus oil) as a traditional way to treat body pains, congestion, fever and colds. Today Euclyptus oil serves so many purposes, some of which may surprise you.
- Feeling down? Having a long hard day? Eucalyptus has a predominately stimulating effect on the nervous system and therefore should assist those suffering from depression, stress, and lethargy. Associated with the moon and feminine energy, eucalyptus is both cool and moist by nature. The psychological properties of eucalyptus oils are closely related to the action of the lungs, which are associated with grief and depression. The aroma of eucalyptus helps to dispel melancholy while lifting the spirits and restoring vitality, harmony, and balance.
2. If you’re strained, tense, or frazzled, try creating an aroma mist spray with balancing oils. Add twenty drops of eucalyptus into one ounce of distilled water in a spray bottle. Mist yourself when feeling stressed. This will turn that from upside down immediately! Sometimes no matter how hard you try to be positive you can’t help coming across people with negative energy and it’s hard to shake it off ad not let it effect you. Well I bet you didn’t know that Eucalyptus is also an extremely powerful energy healer. It’s a wonderful way to cleanse any time or space where conflict or negative energies have collected. So next time you need to rid yourself of unnecessary drama and bad mojo put some euyclyptus oil onto your neck and wrists or in a defuser with water and plug into fresher, more soothing and healthier energy while you let any negative vibes disapate bringing out a more positive and happier you.
3. With the weather so hot and dry outside even the healthiest scalps can tend to get a bit dry. If you’re having a struggle with dandruff flakes rid the problem with eucalyptus oils. All you need to do is put several drops of oil into your shampoo and massage it into your hair.
4. My new favorite oil can also save you some bucks and keep you and your family away from harsh chemicals as it works wonders when washing counter tops, floors and even as a dish detergent. The combination of this oil and water can also remove sticker residue from glass surfaces as well as get out paint, ink, and grease stains on clothes can be removed easily with this oil.
5. Last but not least. Eucalyptus is amazing for your skin! I know you didn’t think I would leave out a killer beauty mask! If you’re looking for a hydrating, soothing and exfoliating mask to revive your complexion this season then look no further because boy oh boy have I got a mask that’s going to blow your mind! Just mix up 2 tbsp brown sugar, 2 tbsp sesame oil and 15 drops of eucalyptus oil in a bowl and refrigerate. You will have enough to use this mask a few times throughout the week. Apply to freshly washed skin and leave on for 20 minutes using a hot washcloth to remove. Here’s why it works, the brown sugar deeply exfoliates, cleanses tightens pores and improves your skins texture while the sesame oil allows the scrub to glide on smoothly and adds hydration an of course we can’t forget the Eucalyptus oil, it acts as a natural antiseptic and oxygenates the skin leaving it hydrated, squeaky clean, smooth and glowy!
For more DIY for the girl on the go tune into How2Girl Radio only on iheartradio and follow me @how2girl on Twitter/Instagram/Facebook and YouTube.