Today on Good Day LA I showed some of my favorite Fourth of July entertaining ideas. This one has to be my fav out of the four I showed. Who doesn’t LOVE sparklers on the Fourth? They come in boxes that are cute but this year I wanted to think of a different and festive way to display them for your guests.
- Grab a crate of any type or size. I bought mine at Michael’s Arts & Crafts. Fruit crates work great. You can also grab a cardboard box if you don’t have a crate and using an exacto knife carefully cut out 2 slits about 1/5-2inches in width across the top and front and back sides.
- Paint to desired color. I spray painted mine a glossy white.
- Line inside of crate with soaked floral foam. Available at any Michael’s Arts & Crafts or any florist shop. I LOVE Oasis Floral Products for my supplies if you prefer to buy online, this website has fantastic deals! You get a lot of bang for your buck vs retail stores for all of your floral supplies.
- Turn right side up, cut your favorite flowers down to about 4 inches and place in-between slits sticking stems into the floral foam. Repeat mixing flowers and colors up until all of your foam has been covered.
- Tie pretty ribbons around sparklers along with any cute tags, I got these at Michael’s Arts & Crafts but you can make you’re own with card stock and markers, glitter, etc. These are also really fun to personalize with your guests names.
- Stick sparklers into foam, being careful to insert them between flowers not through your flowers and enjoy!